Home » Departments » Veterans Affairs
Proudly Serving our Veterans...
~ The veterans of our military services have put their lives on the line to protect the freedom that we enjoy. They have dedicated their lives to their country and deserve to be recognized for their commitment.~ Judd Gregg
Know Your Benefits:
- Compensation for injuries while serving in the military
- Monthly check for compensation for being injured while in the military.
- Special Benefits for POW/Purple Heart recipient:
- Medical assistance
- Prescription assistance
- Possible tax exemptions
- Low Income and or Widow's Pensions
- Small supplemental income because of low family income/no income
- Registration and Certification and Safekeeping of Discharge Papers/DD 214
- Register your discharge papers for safekeeping and obtain certified copies for personal use.
- Home Loan Guarantee Certificates
- Assistance in filing application for a Certificate of Eligibility for home loan
- Nursing Home Care Facilities
- Assistance in filing applications for admission to a VA Nursing Home
- Medical/Medicine Assistance
- Assistance in filing application for enrollment in VA Health Programs to get reduced costs for medical treatment and medications
- Burial Benefits/Marker - US Flag for Deceased Member's Family
- Assistance in filing application for burial marker/burial benefits (if applicable) and obtaining a flag for the Deceased member's family
- Mexican Border period: May 9, 1916 through April 5, 1917 - if the veteran served in Mexico, on the borders thereof or the waters adjacent thereto.
- World War I: April 16, 1917 through November 11, 1918, inclusive. If the veteran served with U.S. forces in Russia, the ending date is April 1, 1920. Service after November 11, 1918 and before July 2, 1921 is considered World War I service if the veteran also served in the active military, naval, or air service after April 5, 1917 and before November 12, 1918.
- World War II: December 7, 1941 through December 31, 1946, inclusive. If the veteran was in service on December 31, 1946, continuous service before July 26, 1947 is considered World War II service.
- Korean Conflict: June 27, 1950 through January 31, 1955, inclusive.
- Vietnam Era: February 28, 1961 through May 7, 1975, inclusive, if the veteran served in Vietnam during that period. In all other cases, August 5, 1964 through May 7, 1975, inclusive.
- Persian Gulf War: August 2, 1990 through a (future) date to be prescribed by Presidential Proclamation or law.