Darlington County Emergency Medical Services
Darlington County Emergency Medical Services was established in May of 1975. Two ambulances were purchased and delivered in June of 1975. The first year's Operational Budget of $60,000.00 primarily with Federal Revenue Sharing Funds. Two bases were established, one in Darlington and the other in the Hartsville Area. Before the establishment of EMS one private ambulance service and five volunteer rescue squads handled emergency calls.
Mission: To provide emergency responses, provide pre-hospital care and treatment to those individuals who become sick or injured.
- Kenny Bowen - Darlington County EMS Director
- Kathy Hall - Training/Compliance Officer
- Sarah Clarke - Logistics/Compliance Officer
- Paramedic Supervisors (4)
- Paramedics (18)
- Basic and Advanced Emergency Medical Technicians (22)