In order to provide services to its residents, every government needs revenue and needs to know that its revenue will be collected and kept safe until needed. It is the mission of the Treasurer’s Office, as spelled out in the Code of South Carolina, to collect state and local taxes and other revenues, to invest and safeguard the funds, and to disburse the funds as directed by the local governing body.
For Your Information
- In South Carolina, vehicle taxes are paid a year in advance.
- If you are renewing your vehicle license tag, you can pay your taxes and renewal fee to the Treasurer's Office and eliminate having to go to the Highway Department.
- If you receive a tax notice for a boat or motor that you no longer own, you must notify the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources at Post Office Box 167, Columbia, SC 29202.
- When paying your taxes, please make reference on your check to the receipt number. This reduces the possibility of errors in posting your payment.
- If you receive a tax notice for a vehicle you no longer own, you will need to contact the Auditor's Office.
- Carolina Bank - 1O4 Orange St.
- SPC Cooperative Credit Union - 609 N. Main St.
- Carolina Bank - 114 Main St.
- Carolina Bank - 121 S. Main St.
- Bank of America - 817 S. Fifth St. or 712 N. Fifth St.
- Carolina Bank - 525 S. Fifth St. or 1042 N. Fifth St.
- First Citizens - 130 S. Fifth St.
- Heritage Community Bank - 206 S. Fifth St.
- SPC Cooperative Credit Union - 204 N. Fifth St.
- Wells Fargo - l04 N. Fifth St.