Darlington County Tax Collector
The Darlington County Tax Collector's key function is the collection of delinquent taxes which includes Real Estate, Merchants Inventory, Mobile Homes, Boats and the filing of Bankruptcies.
The Darlington County Delinquent Tax Sale on Real Estate and Mobile Homes is held in December beginning at 10:00 a.m. in the Darlington County Courthouse Courtroom on the fifth floor. For the specific date, please call the Tax Collector's office at 843-398-4170.
- Real property and mobile homes to be sold is advertised in the Darlington News & Press and the Hartsville Messenger. The ad runs for three consecutive weeks in November.
- Bidders cannot register on the day of the sale. Registration will open in November.
- Individuals cannot make payment on their delinquent taxes the day of the sale, if that parcel is up for auction. Everything has to paid by 5:00 p.m. the day prior to the Tax Sale.
- All bids must be paid in full by 5:00 p.m. the same day with cash, cashier's check or money order. A receipt will be issued for each bid. If the bid is not paid that day, a fine of $500 (per unpaid bid) will be charged.
- You must wait one year before receiving a Tax Deed to the land on which you bid. Please note that a Tax Deed is not a Warranty Title.
- You must wait one year before receiving a Tax Title on the mobile home on which you bid.
Taxes are turned over to the Tax Collector for collection on March 17. Cost are added to the taxes and penalties at this time.
Any delinquent taxes must be paid before current tax payments are accepted. Delinquent taxes are paid at the Delinquent Tax Collector's Office on the second floor of the County Courthouse, Room 207.
- Mae Helen Burch - Tax Collector
- Linda Turner - Senior Tax Clerk
- Rosetta "Trice" Edwards-Ham - Tax Clerk
Phone: 843-398-4170 or Send Email