Darlington County Airport (Jetport) is a county owned, public use airport located nine nautical miles (10 mi, 17 km) north of the central business district of Darlington City. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility. The airport does not have scheduled commercial airline service.
The airport was opened in October 1943. It was built by the United States Army Air Force, and originally known as Hartsville Army Airfield. It was used as an auxiliary training base for Florence Army Airfield, located some 18 miles southeast. It was built as a bomber airfield, and supported A-20 havocs, and later A-26 Invaders which were based in Florence. Its base unit was the 82nd Station Complement Squadron, which maintained the airfield and provided service to the aircraft. The Military use of the airfield ended early in 1945, and it was turned over to civil authorities which converted it into a civil airport.
Although many U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this facility is assigned UDG by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA
Darlington County Jetport covers an area of 635 acres (257 ha) at an elevation of 192 feet (59 m) above mean sea level. It has one asphalt paved runway: 5/23 is 5,500 by 100 feet (1,676 x 30 m); auxillary runways 10/28 and 16/34 are closed and should not be planned for use.