Ride-Along Policy and Rules
The goal of the Darlington County Sheriff’s Office (DCSO) Ride-Along Program is to acquaint citizens with the DCSO while providing quality service to the community. In order to accomplish this goal, the following policies and rules are applied to this program.
- The authorization and waiver forms must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the requested ride-along date. Please mail or hand-deliver the entire Ride-Along packet to 1621 Harry Byrd Highway, Darlington, SC 29532. If you have any questions please feel free to contact: Lieutenant Michael Hall at (843) 624-1064 or by EMAIL.
- The minimum age for the Ride-Along Program is 18.
- The Ride-along Program is offered as a privilege. The DCSO reserves the right to refuse any application for a ride along and a ride along may be terminated at any time at the discretion of the Officer or the Shift Supervisor.
- “Uniforms” of any type will not be allowed (i.e.: military, other police agencies, etc.) unless prior approval is obtained.
- Tape recorders, cell phone cameras or any audio and video device will not be allowed unless previously approved by the Sheriff.
Thank you for your interest in the Darlington County Sheriff’s Office!
Click here for a complete Ride-Along Packet